Thursday 20 September 2012

A few snaps from the kitchen this month...


A few things I've made recently, with or without company! First comes my attempt at cute Bento Boxes, an adorable tradition/cult among Japanese mothers- essentially it is making art out of a packed lunch! Mine are a little small, but I was assured made up for in cuteness what they lacked in size! Aside from sticky rice I used carrot, cucumber, dried seaweed leaves, spinach and one little kernel of corn.



Oh, hello kitty!




And below are a few snaps from Clara's birthday:

Out to dinner at Wagamama, an Asian fusion restaurant

Yaki-tori, edamame beans, miso soup and dumplings! Yum...


The oreo cake I made for Clara


And here are a few from baking with Katy:


Damson and apple cobbler- somewhere between cake and crumble, and definitely the best of both worlds in taste!


Nutella pastry pockets... not the highlight of the day...


A rather nice salad I made for myself... looks oddly like all the salads I make but oh well

Chinese mooncake I bought in Chinatown, London.

Can't say I was pleasantly surprised to come across these orange things in the middle of my bean paste- turns out they are duck's egg yolks. Needless to say one was enough.

Cuddles at the table :)

No comments:

Post a Comment